Saturday, September 8, 2012

Are We Arguing Yet?


I'm not going to list personal examples, so I hope the following is enough to explain...
When people say 'I argue", I am really "discussing". When people see "angry", I see "passionate". When people say "he always wants to be right", I think "I want to get my opinions out there". 99% of the time I am fine with people disagreeing with me. The 1% include issues like it's not ok to murder people. Otherwise, for the rest of the 99%, if everybody agreed with me, the world would be a very boring place.

Let's start with discussing. Over the internet, there is no facial expressions or tone of speech. My idea is, it's not an argument until somebody starts inserting attitude and profanity. There have been times when people thought I was arguing with them, then acted accordingly, which leads me to my next item of discussion...

...Passion. When I go around and I make long-ass posts that the majority don't even bother to read ( more like 99% ), I do it because it matters to me. Why do I feel, why do I post, why do I care? This needs to be conveyed in a proper debate.

Do I like being right? Everybody does. I like my ideas validated. But I'm not always right. Unless I stick my ideas out there, I'll never get feedback or confirmation that I am indeed correct. If I'm wrong, I learn something. I never say you have to agree with me, I'm just putting it out there for you to think about. There is no 'ego' involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment